Reasons for Problems and Ways to Improve IE’s Performance
Okay, Internet Explorer is not the most popular browser among Microsoft users, so what to say about the Apple followers. However, where do all those requests like, “My latest version of IE is really sluggish on Mac OS X” come from? It is true that some Apple computer owners may need the infamous browser from time to time. While Windows users may enjoy the last version, which is Internet Explorer 11, Mac users can only use IE 5.2.3. Is it the main reason why Internet Explorer may run very slowly on Mac? What for should you care?
Problems with Internet Explorer: How to Load Pages Faster?
Loading web pages on Mac with the help of Internet Explorer becomes very sluggish over time. Is it because the latest available version of IE for Mac is 5.2.3 instead of 11 for Windows? Don’t worry: Microsoft users also report the browser loads websites slowly even on the recently released version. Many people wonder how to make the process faster. In this article, first look at how Mac owner can get the browser for Windows on the Apple computer.
Those Mac owners who try to install Internet Explorer most probably need it for the testing purposes. That is why some Apple computer users download programs like WineBottler to set IE up. Others install the entire Windows operating system to access any Microsoft software without a problem. The thing is, running two operating systems simultaneously may cause a significant drop in the work of both Windows and Mac OS. That’s why it is better to get Internet Explorer alone in a simpler way.
To save more resources, try doing the following:
- Launch Safari and move to browser’s Preferences.
- Pick the Advanced menu.
- Put a tick in front of the Show Develop menu in menu bar. Shut down Preferences. Look at the Develop menu.
- Move to Develop and User Agent.
- Pretend you use Internet Explorer as one of the available options.
Now, it is time to discuss what to do if the active Explorer starts loading the information as slow as a sloth. On the whole, a user may remove the temporary files, deactivate add-ons, reset settings, reset start/search pages, make the browser safer, or get rid of the AutoComplete function for Passwords.
The article discusses each method in details.
Old Internet Explorer Keeps Crashing on Mac: Ways to Get Version 11
“My Internet Explorer on Mac crashes all the time! What should I do?” Why does it crash? When does it fail? IE may get frozen at the startup or during the process of work (e.g., during a massive download or process of watching an online movie). If the older version keeps crashing constantly, you may get Internet Explorer 11 for your Apple computer.
- Set up Windows to a Virtual Machine with the help of either Parallels, VMware, or VirtualBox.
- Download and install Internet Explorer 11 for Windows.
It is also possible to get the latest version by installing IE through CodeWeavers “CrossOver Mac.” If the problem does not go even after updating to the recent version (“Page cannot be displayed” or “Cannot find server” messages keep popping up), stick to the recommendations from the next section.
How to Fix Internet Explorer on Mac: 5 Things You Should Try
“I do not get why my brand new Internet Explorer 11 has stopped working and is showing an annoying error. How can I fix my issues with this browser on Mac?” Fixing the problems with IE’s speed is not a big deal, but you should be ready to try several different options. It can be rather time-consuming in some cases.
- Get Rid of the Temp Files
Why are you keeping all those cache files and cookies in the history of your browser? It is a bad practice no matter whether you use IE, Safari, Chrome, or another browser. Do not erase the entire list of temporary files – when there is a reasonable amount of them, they help to load visited web pages faster. As for the rest of this junk, do the following:
- Pick the Tools option in IE. Go to Safety, the pick Delete browsing history.
- Select the types of information to delete on your Mac, and confirm by pressing Delete.
- Take out Add-ons
Leave only the legitimate toolbars along with browser helper objects:
- Launch the browser and pick the Tools option. Choose Manage Add-ons.
- Pick All add-ons under Show. Decide which ones should go.
- Choose Disable and Close.
- Reset Start & Search Pages
Malware and adware may modify the browser’s Home and Search pages, so you should watch out! It is better to reset the settings:
- Shut down all IE windows. Choose the Tools option. Pick Internet options then.
- Choose the Advanced tab. Pick Reset.
- In the popped-up dialog box, choose Reset.
Once the browser completes applying the default settings, choose Close→OK. Reboot Mac.
- Deactivate Passwords AutoComplete Mechanism
This option is helpful if you do not tend to remember login details for various websites. However, it creates certain risks when being turned on. Sometimes, it is better to disable AutoComplete.
- Choose the Tools menu. Pick Internet options.
- Pick Settings under AutoComplete option in the Content tab.
- Pick the User names and passwords on forms and select OK next to it.
- Make Internet Explorer More Secure
A safe browser should not slow down all the time. Thus, do this:
- Pick the Tools menu again and choose Internet options.
- Choose the Privacy tab. Then, move to the Advanced feature under Settings to decide whether you wish to block, allow, or be cautioned about first and third-party cookies.
- By doing all recommended things, you minimize the chances of IE crashing once again.
How to Speed up Internet Explorer on Mac: Easy Way out at Any Time!
“What do I need to do to make Internet Explorer run faster on Mac without wasting too much time?” If you have no desire to play with all those browser’s settings and options, try speeding up IE with the help of the smart third-party application.
A complex optimization for Mac system includes many useful features. One of them is optimizing the work of browsers installed on the Apple computer by erasing the useless data and taking care of malware, adware, and viruses. With a third-party solution from a reliable developer, it is possible to get rid of temporary files, cookies, caches, unnecessary extensions, and browsing history within several minutes or even seconds depending on the amount of junk you have. Before choosing a smart solution, read the reviews and feedbacks from experts.